Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dollars

Holy Cow, this is the least amount of dollars that I have had since my days as a student.
It is a pretty interesting thing to manage very nearly no dollars, and know that I am slowly slipping behind in almost everything. The biggest awareness that I am facing is 'Ego' . A person.., well, this person thinks that ego is mostly or sufficiently a non-issue and then circumstance gives you ... hmmm... me ...what, poverty? (well I wouldn't even say that here because I still feel very fortunate)... So, lets say there are, value challenges and income deficiency. This is humility building to a huge degree in our society( the suggestion being that so much of our self worth is attached to this).
But I'm also learning that it doesn't have to be damaging to self wellness, and I had never realized just how much one can be ok with the state of things.
I have to juggle a great deal right now, and there are stressful moments but that is because I have not had to give up everything yet. I work hard and long hours in my business endeavors at the moment and I need to keep trusting that at some point it will bear more fruit... it is not much different from the life of a farmer who works much of the year only in the hope of a good harvest.
Again, I feel fortunate because I have that one thing, hope,... hope for better things to come...
That is what all these silly blog postings are, they are sharing my various expressions of hopefulness.
And the flip side is the very real awareness of just how much hopelessness there is out there in the world, how many individuals there are out there that have so much less of everything that I have...
So, this is me expressing hopefulness and thankfulness,
Bye for now,
Namasté

1 comment:

  1. I'd comment, I really would, like I suppose I am doing right this minute, but I am dreadfully frightened that anything I say will 'mundane away' (to coin a new phrase) some of the light you are trying to shine. Anything else I would say would be nothing more than a silly cliche. Here's one: Keep it up, junior! Oy, that was patronizing, but this is PRECISELY why I stick to the more personal realm of emails and shy away from the blogs and fessebook pages... I can be myself with so much less shame!

    ReplyDelete